Fix your shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Teepolizer2

Fix your shard

Post by Teepolizer2 »

First of all, who owns this shard? This message is for you. Why are you keeping this server running? It's obvious you don't give 2 shits. I have reached out dozens of times to whoever it is maintaining this server and I have never once gotten a response to the Heartwood AFK bot disease that plagues this shard. I will never play here as long as this goes on and I will tell everyone I come in contact with not to either. The rules are posted in HW, on the forum, in discord, yet they are not enforced. This is the easiest way to kill an economy. Here there are probably 4 idiots running a vpn with 12 accounts each doing HW 24/7, they convince the poor little noobs that Demise is a hopping shard, come play here, 500 players online! Only to discover that half the pop is bots and bows are OP in pvp so they start buying HW kits for real money for 25 cents each. Fix your shard. Demise was once a great place, now its just a sad shame and this is the main reason why. :beathorse:
Calvin

Re: Fix your shard

Post by Calvin »

:beathorse:

this has been said a million times, there must be a reason..
fox109109

Post by fox109109 »

nvm
fuck afk for recsouce.
DG

Post by DG »

End game weapons come from hw runics.Botting runics is very profitable.Very reasonable for almost every one botting these runics.

No doubt botting makes the shard look less active and Afk checking won't help a lot for this situiation.We should offer other alternatives to get runics.

For example make an event which ppl can kill mobs,champions,peerless bosses to get runics.
Players will still macro hw runics,but at least they have the option to go out of heartwood and do something.

I think it will make the shard more active.After all you have to manually do something like restock,dealing with other players,etc,even when you farm mobs with full automation.
Anthony File likes this.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

DG wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 5:22 am End game weapons come from hw runics.Botting runics is very profitable.Very reasonable for almost every one botting these runics.
I would agree with this, except it says in the rules that afk botting is illegal on Demise. And whats worse is the GMs refuse to enforce the rules. Even if you page about it they will not respond. This shard actually incentivizes cheating. At one point I thought to myself, well if ya cant beat em join em. I did HW for a while (what choice do you have?) but was consistently being jailed while others were avoiding the checks. I didn't have the skills to beat the system, so that means I can't compete with the more effective cheaters. Good luck attracting people with that kind of practice happening. This shard has become a pvp sandbox for the 15 most effective cheaters, which hey that is good for the few of you, but that's the literal ceiling for this place as long as this continues. Btw I just sat in Luna above the bank and watched about 100 characters login and out from the same. exact. tile. within about 5 minutes or so. Enjoy =)
jaasso

Post by jaasso »

personally dont have a problem with afk resource gathering, gathering em by hand is tedious and frankly requires you to kinda waste a lot of your time, but things are a bit out of whack atm, the shard is flooded with these godly bows and staves, if you want to play a build that uses something else, you'll have to work for a fking year to get just one weapon that even comes close, not a good system to me
jaasso

Post by jaasso »

had this one idoc (owner probably banned for afk gathering), scored materials that'll last a lifetime and more, cant be too mad at em :)
Calvin likes this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Sure lets get rid of the afk bots.. and while we are at it lets get rid of the script pvp too.. cause we all know you are pvper that scripts too....I mean if want to complain then listen to others complaint too.. because the scripts allow afk gathering... but they also allow unrealistic reflexes in pvp too... so lets get rrid of scripting period... Bet you won't play then either because you won't be a god with a script that chugs and heals you without you doing anything.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Excorsion wrote: July 18th, 2022, 1:32 am Sure lets get rid of the afk bots.. and while we are at it lets get rid of the script pvp too.. cause we all know you are pvper that scripts too....
Me? I think you may have me mistaken with someone else, I don't mess around with scripts much especially not in pvp. But with all do respect I don't have an opinion about pvp scripts because they are not illegal on Demise. My qualm with this shard is the lack of interest the GMs/devs/owners have in maintaining their own product (demise). They posted rules which are being broken 24/7 and do not seem to care, which consequently has led to the decimation the economy and the bloating of a few skilled cheater's pockets.

I am afraid even if you were in the majority of people who wanted pvp scripts banned you would probably not even be able to get the attention needed to have it instated.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

wrote is general.... not a direct reply to you... but let me explain somethings here.. the person who wrote the script for HW is or was a staff member.... in the real police are not allowed to lure you into breaking law and then nail.... that's is entrapment and they can be in trouble themselves for doing it...but here on demise it is perfectly legal fora staff member to write a script and provide that script to the public...and we all know they are smart if that write a script like the heartwood script...so stands to know they knew it was going to be afk'd... problem is I constantly see those who are not in said staff members guild getting jailed but not said staff members guild mates...Kinda like the democratic party right now.. "rules for thee but not for me"....I've been going weeks now without logging in.. because of this very issue...I had almost completely quit until a guild/family member asked me to come back and I am now sitting in jail for stepping out to the kitchen to fill my tea glass and come back to supposedly being afk... Yet was talking to others in the cell...while a staff member was sorting players to different cells... which mean I clearly wasn't afk...that was over eight hours ago... so go figure.. I'm vocal about their Policy and how they use it... so they punish me even more... because rules for thee but not for me... which BTW i suspect they will ban me on the forums for talking about bannings as well.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Excorsion wrote: July 30th, 2022, 3:33 am problem is I constantly see those who are not in said staff members guild getting jailed but not said staff members guild mates...Kinda like the democratic party right now.. "rules for thee but not for me"....I've been going weeks now without logging in.. because of this very issue...I had almost completely quit until a guild/family member asked me to come back and I am now sitting in jail for stepping out to the kitchen to fill my tea glass and come back to supposedly being afk....
yup, i have observed this too from my own experience and wrote about it above. the shard is clearly suffering from corruption/neglect with these practices. i have faith that demise can return to better form but not under these current circumstances.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tbh, scripting and bots have become the evolution of the game.. if you got rid of them all the population would be too low. issue is people still play old skool as well, and it's hard to get these players playing together, cos they're effectively playing different games.. you could make content for both tho.

people that play old skool shouldn't really be competing with people that are playing scripts and bots is the problem.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

i disagree. not all shards are a cesspool of bots like demise. cant really name them of course because i would get banned. funny, they care enough to ban people for talking about other shards but not people who afk bot 24/7.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Calvin wrote: August 20th, 2022, 4:06 pm tbh, scripting and bots have become the evolution of the game.. if you got rid of them all the population would be too low. issue is people still play old skool as well, and it's hard to get these players playing together, cos they're effectively playing different games.. you could make content for both tho.

people that play old skool shouldn't really be competing with people that are playing scripts and bots is the problem.

The problem is thr staff that allowed this to happen.... my family has been playing demise for a very long time...Pops aka my father who is in his 70's... played this shard when it was first starting out.. and he still maintains his accounts... I came here a few years back to play with him and other family that had migrated here...now i am the the only family member really playing.. the rest have moved on to other shards or just quit playing all togather... Now let me list the reason they tell me they do not want to log in...

STAFF Corruption....you can not get a concrete answer from any of them.... Larson is the best one i have experience with... but even he is very hard to get a hold of...one of which made the HW script and various other scripts... which promote afking. atleast he was a staff member at one time.. i think he still is but not sure...it's also not really hidden that that person.. has a guild on the shard and those in that guild hardly ever get jailed for afking or harassing others.

Script PVP... you do realize that allowing script pvp means more HW scripting as well right? High end bows and staves means big biz in pvp...take the script pvp away and there is less incentive to script HW kits and saws.

STaff just auto jail.. no investigastion....I was jailed for supposedly being afk gathering but got no message from the gm when or before they moved me... and i was chatting in game with others he/she moved to the temp cell... and still got banned...they also got banned from what i understand...

Staff is lazy... POPs bought 50 dollars in donation...but he put in wrong email addy... again he is in his 70's...but the wrong email was close to his real one...once we contacted a staff member.. and only way was at a event...they asked me a bunch of question i answered them as good as i can and they said they needed the confirmation number....which was sent to a bogus email.. aka they couldn't just look at their finances and see they got money from such and such email and either give him his donation pints.. or refund the money... nope they went silent on it... hoping is would sweep under the rug...
Nosferatu likes this.
Nosferatu

Post by Nosferatu »

Excorsion whos your pops in his 70s? I'm curious if I know him, Because I originally started here just months after it opened and played here for quite some time.